Welcome Mary Kate

Welcome Mary Kate

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Baby!

Mary Kate has been to Starbucks at least a dozen times in our short time together and I must say that she is starting to enjoy it as much as we do! She laughed and played peek-a-boo with us, we tried to upload more photos and will try again. Today Mary Kate and I toured the Chen Family Temple in Guangzhou, it had beautiful architecture. We met back at the hotel for lunch with Jay and walked to the Cow and Bridge restaurant, a Thai restaurant, and apparently Mary Kate does not eat Thai food. She shook her head no when she tasted the noodles and insisted on white rice instead. I am planning to make a trip to the Asian food market in OKC soon after I return for Mary Kate because Jay has informed me that after this trip, we will no longer be able to afford P.F. Changs!

We have our last day of touring tomorrow and Thursday we have our appointment with the US Consulate to receive Mary Kate's visa to enter the US. We learned from our guide that it is very difficult for the Chinese people to receive a visa for travel to the USA. The government will not allow most couples to travel together to the USA because they fear the couple will not return to China. The Chinese are permitted to travel to the US for business and education.

We have met so many nice families from the USA here at the White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou. Many of them are here adopting their second, third or fourth child from China! One little girl, Anna age 8, told us at dinner tonight that her family adopted their third this trip, a boy, and that he has really changed her life! I pray that Jack and Lily are prepared when we return home with their baby sister!

2 comments:

ba_joker said...

Reading about your trip reminds me so much of our trip. We got a cute picture of Alyssa at Starbucks, I thought I'd try to add to my comment here.

Alyssa At Starbucks

I hope your return trip goes smoothly. Hopefully, we'll get to meet Mary Kate someday soon.

Take care.

........Alan

Beth and Ryan said...

Mary Kate does look like she has come into her own...gorgeous smile! I am glad the photographer is back, the pictures are great. Enjoy your last day!